are movers essential workers

some movers are still working during COVID19

Are Movers Essential Workers ? At this time (4/16/20)  in NJ, the answer is yes. Everything is subject to change of course but as of now, movers can still work.

Next question is, are they working? Its a mixed bag. Anecdotal information I’m hearing  is that about 20% have closed their doors for the time being. The other 80% have scaled back dramatically. Interstate moves have become problematic, what states allow what , and will that change in the next day or so?

Some movers have scaled back because they haven’t enough protective supplies for their crews, nor does anyone know if a full crew will be available tomorrow. The best movers are booking only the work they know they can handle. Trucks are sitting in their lots rather than risking the crew availability in the near and long term future

www.oldgreytiger.com